Losing a loved one is never easy, and the last thing you want to worry about during this difficult time is how to cover funeral expenses. The good news is that the Social Security System (SSS) in the Philippines offers a funeral benefit to help ease the financial burden for eligible SSS members. Here’s a guide on how to claim funeral expenses through the SSS:
- First, visit the official SSS website (https://www.sss.gov.ph/) or a nearby SSS branch to obtain a copy of the claim form (SSS Form FLD-1).
- Fill out the claim form with all the necessary information, including the name and SSS number of the deceased, the name and contact information of the claimants, and the amount being claimed for the funeral expenses.
- Gather all the required documents, such as the death certificate of the deceased, the claim form, and proof of payment for the funeral expenses (e.g., receipts, bills, etc.).
- Submit the completed claim form and required documents to a nearby SSS branch.
- Once the SSS processes the claim, the funeral benefit will be released to the primary beneficiaries of the deceased member. It’s important to note that the SSS provides a maximum funeral benefit of Php 40,000.
We understand that this can be a difficult and overwhelming time for you and your family.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to check the SSS’s website for more information at https://www.sss.gov.ph/ . This website contains detailed information about the process of filing a claim for funeral expenses, including the requirements, the documents needed and the steps to follow.
Please note that the SSS website is updated regularly so there may be changes to the information provided here. It is always best to check the website for the most up-to-date information.