Funerals in the Philippines are often a time for family and friends to come together and remember the life of the person who has passed away. Funeral songs can play an important role in this process, providing comfort and solace during the service and helping to create a fitting atmosphere for the occasion.
Here are some suggested songs for a funeral in the Philippines that may be appropriate for the occasion:
- “I’ll Be Seeing You” by Sharon Cuneta
- “Kahit Maputi Na Ang Buhok Ko” by Daniel Padilla
- “Paalam Na” by Regine Velasquez
- “Magpakailanman” by Gary Valenciano
- “Ikaw” by Yeng Constantino
- “Walang Hanggan” by KZ Tandingan
- “Saan Darating Ang Umaga” by Lani Misalucha
- “Hanggang Sa Huli” by Juris
- “Ibigay Mo Na” by Jona
- “Magmamahal Sa ‘Yo” by Erik Santos
- “Ikaw Ang Aking Mahal” by Piolo Pascual
- “Magkabilang Mundo” by Jireh Lim
- “Tanging Yaman” by Lea Salonga
- “Ikaw Lamang” by Zsaris
- “Sa Ilalim ng Unan” by Moira Dela Torre
- “Maging Sino Ka Man” by Ronan Keating (Filipino version)
- “Ikaw Lang Ang Aking Mahal” by Vina Morales
- “Paalam Na” by K Brosas
- “Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin” by Martin Nievera
- “Hanggang Sa Dulo ng Walang Hanggan” by Bugoy Drilon.
It’s important to note that these are just suggestions, and the final decision on what music to play should be based on the preferences of the person who has passed away and their family. It’s also important to remember that funeral song should be considerate and respectful to the family and friends of the deceased.
Alternatively, you can search for playlists on spotify which you can play on the spot. Tip: Search for “Tagalog Funeral Songs” or hire actual bands to perform these songs during the funeral.